Cloud management refers to the control that administrators exercise over the cloud, whether this concerns users, apps, data or services. The tools they use make it possible to supervise all types of activities within this environment, such as data, resource usage and process monitoring, as well as allowing data backup and disaster recovery in the event of any issues. In other words, it offers complete administrative control to meet the specific needs of companies.
Below we will explain what a cloud management platform is, to help you discover everything it has to offer.
What should a good cloud management platform do?
- Optimise working processes: Cloud management is the best way to optimise working processes through a much more flexible structure. A good control and management platform will allow companies to carry out their business efficiently – no matter the sector – while saving money.
- Automate processes: When it comes to managing a company, spreadsheets have become outdated, with more appropriate cloud solutions being established in their place. The aim is to employ new technologies to send documents, create reports and offer customer service with automated processes that make the work easier.
- Integrate with existing IT infrastructures: A good cloud management platform is one that integrates with a company’s current IT infrastructure and adapts to any needs. What’s more, the platform should be based on automation, to avoid the need for manual tasks which take up a great deal of time.
- Offer a comprehensive view of costs: This type of service is normally distinguished by its ability to offer a comprehensive view of costs and bills, facilitating situational analysis and the creation of precise reports. In the same way, the administrator must be able to access the management data, resources and tools from any location, thanks to online accessibility.
- Provide maximum control: Equally, the user should be able to manage everything and maintain control at all times: with the platform guiding them to access their resources and configuration, both simply and efficiently.
Abiquo cloud management platform is intended to cover all those aspects of cloud management and much more.
Furthermore, given that companies need to make use of all multi-cloud environments in order to succeed, it must function with the three types of cloud (public, private and hybrid) in a secure and hassle-free way.
Why choose a cloud management solution?
Today, you can enjoy the benefits of incredibly innovative cloud management solutions. Some of these platforms are designed to meet all types of strategic objectives, providing a means of virtual management which is easy to use.
It’s very important that they can adapt to companies of all sizes and from all sectors, with the aim of improving the agility of their business, reducing costs and mitigating risks. These are highly comprehensive solutions which offer advanced features, although they must also be simple to implement and manage.
With their help, you can say goodbye to the problems of uncontrolled and disorganised management. In fact, they offer a physical infrastructure which we should be able to control with ease. They are intended to give authorised users the ability to virtually manage their business within the assigned resources.
The chosen platform must be intuitive and the tools should be deployable within seconds – significantly improving efficiency and agility. And if the system allows you to manage everything without changing to different environments, that’s even better. One of the main benefits should be the ability to control all cloud resources from a single platform. This means creating reports, managing workloads or creating new applications, all from the same administrative environment.
The best platforms to manage your resources in the cloud
The best cloud management platforms are based on a software solution for the administration and control of your entire public, private or hybrid infrastructure. Their help allows users to create all types of services for customers and enables companies to become successful in the cloud market.
The interface should be easy to use and, once in operation, you should ideally be able to add upgrade packages and new integration systems to have everything connected: billing, online shop, customer portal, configuration management database (CMDB), or any other business support system.
Some leading service providers around the world use this type of platform to create and operate their cloud services. In fact, certain companies have even been awarded for the innovative and flexible solutions they have developed around these attractive services.
With a good cloud management platform, the benefits are endless. In fact, current technology allows us to eliminate any barrier to implementing your cloud infrastructure. These are stand-alone products that provide plug-and-play technology to the end user, without the need to set up any manufacturer-provided software or configure any confusing settings.
Today, what matters is the speed of execution, and cloud services should stand out for their flexibility, value and advanced options. Service differentiation is increasingly important, and this type of platform should allow users to integrate, develop, control and manage various solutions through a single, powerful interface. As a result, they not only simplify operations, but reduce support costs, offering optimal resources to suit any budget.
Companies that adopt this management model can automate everything and control different processes through a single programming interface, ensuring everything is at hand: support, finances, monitoring, backup and CMDB. What’s more, it’s important to consider future processes and ensure that it will be possible to integrate any new innovations with ease, offering exemplary flexibility to make technological decisions that will not limit your business in the future.
It should also offer your company the control it needs. In any worthwhile IT infrastructure, control is fundamental: not only when managing resources, but in order to establish who can access them and, likewise, to delegate tasks and restrict users.
Abiquo is a leading developer of cloud management solutions. We offer you:
- Cloud management software.
- Customers can create cloud services and manage private, public or hybrid infrastructures.
- A platform which is very intuitive and easy to use.
- We guarantee greater visibility, efficiency, control and simplicity.
Without a doubt, a powerful platform simplifies any management activity through the use of a customisable and intuitive interface. As such, it makes sense to opt for a Cloud Management Platform that offers exclusive flexibility to provide an efficient infrastructure that can be easily adapted to the needs of the company.