Abiquo True Hybrid Cloud
What is a True Hybrid cloud?
IT Infrastructure people have been discussing hybrid cloud for some time now, but it means different things to different people, and for different environments.
The key characteristics of a True Hybrid cloud are:
- One user interface for all Infrastructure services, no matter what technology, location or feature/functions are available
- Design your application infrastructure once, deploy to any cloud, transparent to the user
- One API for interacting with all the services
- Unified account management, so users can interact with multiple infrastructures with a single secure, controlled and audited user account
- The ability to add and remove on-premise infrastructure and public clouds as needed
- One outbound event stream, so integration to back-office systems can be done once for all infrastructures and clouds
- A single record of all virtual assets, be they VMs, images, virtual disks or network configurations, to ensure that reporting is consistent and complete
Why is this different from any other hybrid cloud?
Many hybrid cloud solutions require you to switch between the different environments you’re working on, whether you’re creating a new application, getting reports, or auditing activity for compliance purposes. A True Hybrid cloud brings consistency across all your cloud environments, whether on a dedicated hypervisor or a public cloud provider.
Why is this important?
In a traditional IT environment, there is a mature set of processes and controls; for purchasing, standardising machine builds, support, auditing and so on. A True Hybrid cloud lets you keep all those processes if you want to, by implementing a consistent set of workflow approval controls, usage metering, reports and audit logs, VM templates (or Chef recipes) and interfaces to other back-office systems across all your virtualised and public cloud services.
Delivering the True Hybrid cloud is Abiquo’s core business. Install your own on-premise Abiquo environment and manage hypervisors such as VMware ESX, Hyper-V, KVM, Oracle VM and XenServer, with any storage technology your hypervisor supports, alongside platforms including OpenStack and vCloud Director, public clouds from Amazon, Microsoft Azure, Rackspace, DigitalOcean, Google and more – then design your application infrastructure and deploy it to any of your chosen clouds.
For the ultimate in flexibility, add solutions from Abiquo partners: SDN from VMware with NSX, workload mobility and scaling from Cloudsoft, and image building from uSharesoft.
Abiquo brings together all your cloud resources into one consistent, managed platform