For your private cloud and on-premise clouds, Abiquo offers opportunities to save licensing costs by reducing the number of host licenses needed to run software platforms you select. For public clouds, you can now access new public cloud regions, filter Azure templates by publisher and we’ve improved the way we display deleted resources in public clouds to help you manage them even more easily than before.
As with all Abiquo releases, you still get advanced features such as autoscaling, automation, cloud bursting across all your clouds, including vCloud Director, OpenStack, VMWare ESX, KVM, Azure, AWS and so on.
Additional automation actions
New multi-cloud capabilities include resizing of disks in action plans, so cloud users can now add storage as well as adding CPU, RAM and automating other workload actions based on a schedule or monitoring data. Your users now gain the ability to easily remove NICs without stopping their VMs through the user interface.
Abiquo’s cloud automation capabilities are over your expectations! Abiquo helps your company not only leveraging complex hybrid cloud environments for competitive advantage but simplifying the workflow for cloud users. Top-notch service providers, enterprises and system integrators around the globe are already enjoying the real business benefits Abiquo CMP offers. Be the next helping your customers reach their goals!
Tenant hierarchy functions
When managing a tenant hierarchy, users can retrieve the tenants under a reseller or a key node through the API, making it easier to manage tenants and subtenants. This is great for modeling and managing complex enterprise structures and reseller models.
Making cloud administration easier
Public cloud support
Within the public cloud, Abiquo opens the door to new cloud regions in AWS and Azure RM and user will find easier cloud management of larger public cloud estates.
Administrators can configure the UI with the default icons used by VM templates by simply entering the OS type name and the link to the icon in the user interface configuration file. This way Abiquo facilitates faster delivery of template catalogs – and makes things a bit prettier!
Along with the closer integration with vCloud Director comes the ability to group vCloud Director regions by endpoint in order to facilitate customers to organize more than one vCloud director installation in Abiquo.
And there’s more…
Of course there are many more enhancements and features with every new realease, and they’re all documented in the release notes.
Some examples of features are:
- Resize disks in Action plans
- Remove NICs with hot reconfigure
- Tenant hierarchy management
- Greater control of concurrent operations
- Improvements to VM search
- Maintenance window notices
- Add default template icons by operating system types
- Save license costs with VMware DRS rules
- Support for new public cloud regions
- Release tenant resources in public cloud
- Changes to public cloud synchronization
- Group vCloud Director regions by endpoint
- Filter by template publisher in Microsoft ARM
- New REST API documentation site
- Extended vCloud Director integration
- Dynamic hardware profiles and cost codes for hardware profiles
- Require a datastore tier for VM template disks
- Resynchronization of captured VMs after physical machine changes
For detailed information on Abiquo features see https://wiki.abiquo.com/display/doc/Release+Notes